Today we are announcing a slew of new additions to make the file sharing experience even better. But first, we would like to thank everyone who reported bugs and those who suggested improvements. Without a strong community, knowing what changes to make and finding so many bugs would not have been possible. Our thanks goes out to everyone who took their time to help us improve Jumpshare.
Sidebar & List View
The most visible change you will notice is the introduction of the right sidebar. You can now see information for files you have uploaded which includes, the date you created the folder, the date when the folder will expire, the total number of files inside this folder and the total size of the files. You also have the option to switch between Grid view (also called Icons view) and List view. Why is List view important? Because it helps you easily scroll down when there are hundreds of files.
200+ File Formats
Jumpshare now supports more than 200 file formats. Some new additions include, Adobe Illustrator format (.AI), RAW Images, XML, and many more file types. We finally got around to making a list, which many users requested. You can view the complete list here.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
In the new version of Jumpshare, you will find:
- An image viewer that is three times faster
- Transparent background for images without solid background colour, great for designers
- File name in the title to make it easier to navigate when you are working in another tab
- Fixed aspect ratio of .MP4 video format
- True full screen mode for video
- Fixed a bug that was redirecting users to homepage when uploads completed
- Improved security that makes it difficult to guess auto generated URLs for files
and 30+ other bug fixes and improvements. These changes will go a long way to improve your file sharing experience.
We are working hard to improve our engine that will produce a good output for documents and presentations. We are also working to support spreadsheet formats. The next milestone for us is the user accounts. We want to make sure that users are able to upload their files and access them later when required.
We are listening, if you have any suggestions, please hop over to our forum and let us know. Happy sharing!